Hi there! This is Lucia Baragli, I’m an Argentinian professional photographer and writer with 14 years of experience.
For the past ten years, I’ve worked as a photojournalist on projects related to women. I’ve covered a range of topics such as breast cancer, violence against women, young motherhood, and more.
These projects have been published in magazines and newspapers in Argentina, Colombia, Perú, Spain and México.
You can have a look at some of them on my Blog
Many years of exploring and digging into the lives of others taught me to be more patient and compassionate, while allowing me to share their personal stories in an intimate way.
I now apply the knowledge and skills acquired through those years of deep and meaningful documentation to the projects and stories of my clients.
To find out more about the types of projects and photo shoots I’m currently working on click HERE
A few years ago, I started practicing Yoga, which led me to travel to and live in Asia to study and further my practice. Here, I discovered a new visual world, exciting new tools to express myself, and ways to help others express themselves through photography. At the same time, I started to draw more while studying sacred geometry. This led me to the manifestation of the HUMANDALA project, which is still in progress.
For my work, I received a scholarship to participate on the Foundry Photojournalist Workshop and the Buenos Aires Photo Workshop. I was selected to participate in the “Visionado de Portfolios Transatlántica PHE 2011”, in Dominican Republic.
My work has been displayed in exhibitions and galleries across Argentina, Ecuador and Europe. I was selected to participate in an exhibition called “Tropical Schizophrenia” PHotoEspaña, in Madrid and I was nominated to participate in the Joop Swart Masterclass, World Press Photo.
- 2005 / 2008 Started to study photography at “Grupo Fotográfico Parque”, Argentina
- 2008 / 2010 Specialized in Journalistic and Documentary Photography at ARGRA (Asociación de Reporteros Gráficos de la República Argentina)
- 2011 / Participated in the Documentary Photography Workshop, by Leo Liberman
- 2011 / Participated in the Art Direction Workshop at “Espacio Buenos Aires”, Argentina
- 2011 / Winner of a Full Tuition Scholarships to participate in The Foundry Photojournalism Workshop
- 2011 / Winner of a full Scholarship to participate in the “Buenos Aires Photo Workshop”, led by Marco Vernaschi, Leo Liberman, and Gustavo Jononovich
- 2012 / Specialized in Journalistic Writing at Instituto Mallea, Argentina
- 2014 / Diploma in Documentary Photography Research and Conservation, FFyl, Uba.
- 2014 / Participated in the Journalistic Writing Workshop by Erica Aisa at Escuela La Pajarera
- 2016 / Participated in the “Write profiles Workshop” by Javier Sinay, Fundación Tomas Eloy Martinez, Argentina
- 2016 / Participated in the ” Seminar Politics of the chronicle” by Maria Moreno, Biblioteca Nacional Argentina
- From 2010 to the present time I have been working as a freelance photographer for magazines and newspapers. My work has been published in local and international outlets such as:
Viva Magazine, Brando Magazine, Convivimos Magazine, Rumbos Magazine, Hecho en Buenos Aires Magazine, Acción Magazine, G7 Magazine, El Guardian Magazine, Pagina12 Newspaper, El Federal Newspaper, La Nación Newspaper (Argentina)
Asia Sur Magazine (Perú), Cartel Urbano Magazine (Colombia), Magis Magazine (Mexico), Piel de foto Magazine (España), Diagonal Newspaper (España)
- 2010 / 2016 Photographer at Central Humahuaca
- 2011 /2018 Photography teacher at CETAE institute
- 2012 /2018 Photographer at Cecilia Aiscurri Wedding Studio
- 2015 /2018 Photographer at Mass Photo & Video Wedding Studio
Solo & Collective Exhibitions
- 2010/ Collective exhibition, Proyecciones Multimedia “4ta Bienal de Fotografía Documental Tucumán”, Argentina
- 2011/ 3rd International meeting and documentary photography exhibition, “Fotodocumental Quito”, Ecuador
- 2011/ Collective exhibition,”Muestra Anual de Fotoperiodismo Argentino, ARGRA XXIII”, Palais de Glace, Argentina
- 2012/ Collective exhibition, PHotoEspaña. Selected by the commissioner Iata Cannabrava to participate in the exhibition “Esquizofrenia Tropical”, on the XV International Festival of Photography and Visual Arts PHE12, Spain
- 2012/ Collective exhibition, “Esta Boca es Mía”, Teatro De la Rivera, Argentina
- 2012/ Solo exhibition of her work “Single”, Galería Alicia D’Amico, Argentina
- 2012/ Collective Exhibition, Proyecciones Multimedia “GETXOPHOTO”, Getxo, Spain
Awards and Recongnitions
- 2011 / EFTI Master Photography, “Scholarship Roberto Villagraz”, Spain / Finalist
- 2011 / Visionado de Porfolios “Trasatlántica PHE”, República Dominicana / Selected
- 2011 / The Foundry Photojournalism Workshop Full Tuition Scholarship / Winner
- 2011 / Buenos Aires Photo Workshop Scholarship / Winner
- 2011 / “Visionado de Portfolios de Autores Noveles” Photon Festival, Spain / Selected
- 2011 / XVII Latin American Documentary Photography grant “Los Trabajos y los días” / Finalist
- 2012 / “Por la detección precoz del cáncer de mama” photography grant, Hospital Italiano / First price
- 2012 / Nominated by the photographer Maggie Steber to participate in the “Joop Swart Masterclass”, the World’s Press Photo Foundation most prestigious educational program.
- 2015 / XVI Photography Contest “Gente de Mi Ciudad”, Argentina / Honorific Mention